I am -1 for the optional parameters and grouping stuff -
no need to make complicated stuff easier to do  just because "range" semantics
is strange to start with.
(And one can implement a range-like funciton explictly parsing
the parameters if needed be.)

As for the "/" delimiting positional only parameters - I think it would
be nice to have. -but just that - mandatory positional only parameters.

Apart from that, I could not figure if the PEP covers a situation where the name
of a positional-only parameter is passed in as a kwarg -

def a([b],/,**kw):
   print (b)

does calling "a(b=5)" should raise a TypeError, or put "5" in
"""kw["b"]""" and leave
"b" as "undefined" ?

   js
 -><-