06.01.14 22:53, Erik Bray написав(ла):
I ask because some built-in functions are used internally by other
built-in functions.  I don't know how common this is but, for example,
fileio_read calls fileio_readall.  So if fileio_readall is renamed to
io_FileIO_readall_impl or whatever we need to also go through and fix
any references to fileio_readall.  Should be easy enough, but I wonder
if there are any broader side-effects of this.  Might it be safer for
the first round to keep the existing function names?

You can left fileio_readall as is and call it from io_FileIO_readall_impl and other places.