Am 23.06.14 22:31, schrieb Barry Warsaw:
> Well, on reason is that you'd have to convince MvL or someone else to take
> over the work that would require, but that's gotta be *much* lighter weight
> than releasing a Python 2.8.

Just to point this out in a separate message: it will have to be
somebody else. I stepped down as the Windows release maintainer for 2.7
when I learned about the extended life of 2.7, much because I feared
that exactly the thing would happen that we see happen now - and I
didn't want to be the one who would have to deal with it. It is a mess,
and it will get bigger the more time passes.

Playing-the-role-of-Cassandra-ly y'rs,
Martin