Am 10.02.2015 um 18:45 schrieb Steve Dower:
As we've seen from earlier discussions, the main beneficiaries of
having Python on PATH are those using the command-line. Most scripts
are going to make assumptions or work unnecessarily hard to find the
actual location of the Python version they need.

Maybe I'm more or less alone with the way I work, but I don't like
python.exe on my PATH (and py.exe alloes me to do this).
I start python scripts from the command line either with 'script.py'
or 'py -3.4 script.py' or 'py -2.7 script.py'.

I even like running scripts in this way:
'py -2.7 -m pip install whatever'. However, this only works when the script also can be started as package. Some packages allow this,
some don't.

Could not py.exe be extended so that it allows starting scripts in a
somewhat similar way?  'py-script -2.7 myscript foo bar baz' ???
Which would execute the script myscript.exe, myscript.bat, myscript.py,
myscript.cmd or whatever is in the Scripts directory on the Python 2.7
installation, without changing PATH presistently?

Thanks,
Thomas