On 10/13/2016 4:38 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
On Oct 13, 2016, at 01:32 PM, Guido van Rossum wrote:

Confirming, +1 from me. Barry, Nick? You two are the most active
authors of PEP 1.

+1 for text/x-rst being the preferred.  We'd need some time to make it the
default, but I'm generally in favor of that happening.

The major issue is making knowledge of rst and sphinx a requirement for submitting a PEP. I suggest making sure that PEP 1 exemplifies the preferred usage of rst in PEPs and then suggesting using it as model.

A related issue is plain text for posting. Initial pre-drafts can be posted to python-ideas before being marked up. Other than copying the browser display of the .html conversion (which requires a bit of cleanup after pasting), what is the easiest way to get post-markup plain text?

--
Terry Jan Reedy