On 10/13/2016 5:59 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
On Oct 13, 2016, at 05:31 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:

The major issue is making knowledge of rst and sphinx a requirement for
submitting a PEP.  I suggest making sure that PEP 1 exemplifies the preferred
usage of rst in PEPs and then suggesting using it as model.

https://github.com/python/peps/pull/115

A related issue is plain text for posting.  Initial pre-drafts can be posted
to python-ideas before being marked up.  Other than copying the browser
display of the .html conversion (which requires a bit of cleanup after
pasting), what is the easiest way to get post-markup plain text?

I don't understand the question: isn't the whole point of reST that it's a
easily readable markup language?  Just post the reST!

OK with me if that becomes the norm.  I don't think it is now.

--
Terry Jan Reedy