On 3 November 2017 at 14:50, Serhiy Storchaka <storch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 03.11.17 16:36, Guido van Rossum пише:
>> Maybe we should remove typing from the stdlib?
>> https://github.com/python/typing/issues/495
>
> I didn't use typing, but AFAIK the most used feature from typing is
> NamedTuple. If move NamedTuple and maybe other convenient classes not
> directly related to typing into collections or types modules, I think
> removing typing from the stdlib will less stress people.

(Checks docs) Hmm, I'd missed that this was even in there.

Regardless of what happens with the typing module, I think this should
be moved. I expect there are many people who never looked at the docs
of the typing module because they don't use type annotations. I know
the class uses type annotations to define its attributes, but I don't
see that as an issue. Data classes do the same, and they won't be in
the typing module...

Paul