On 1/31/2018 6:23 PM, Chris Barker wrote:
On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 4:20 AM, INADA Naoki <songofaca...@gmail.com <mailto:songofaca...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > Against the official CPython 3.6 (probably .3 or .4) release I see:
    > 1 that is 2.01x faster (python-startup, 24.6ms down to 12.2ms)
    > 5 that are >=1.5x,<1.6x faster.
    > 13 that are >=1.4x,<1.5x faster.
    > 21 that are >=1.3x,<1.4x faster.
    > 14 that are >=1.2x,<1.3x faster.
    > 5 that are >=1.1x,<1.2x faster.
    > 0 that are < 1.1x faster/slower.
    >
    > Pretty good numbers overall I think.

    Yay!!  Congrats for all of us!

I'm confused -- I _think_ these are performance improvements of the Anaconda build over the python.org <http://python.org> build for OS-X -- so congrats to the Anaconda team :-)

But a hint that maybe we should do the python.org <http://python.org> builds differently!

Ned Deily is in charge of the Mac build (as well as current release manager). Within the last week, he revised the official builds (now two, I believe) for 3.7.0b1, due in a day or so. One will be a future oriented 64-bit build. The PR and What's New have more.

He may not be reading this thread, but will read MacOS tracker issues with a specific proposal, data and a patch. Comparisons should be against the current master or an installed 3.7.0b1.

--
Terry Jan Reedy