On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 12:59:40 -0000, David Schwörer wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 13, 2023 08:31:49 -0000, David Schwörer wrote:
> > That's interesting. So it builds the cpython as part of the cmake build
> > and then simply installs it in the required directory.
> >
> > How does it generate the dist-info metadata, though? That's the bit
> > where nest uses `python setup.py install_egg_info`.
> >
> > https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/Python/#_dist_i...
> >
> > https://github.com/sanjayankur31/nest-simulator/blob/41892a50f95ddf50966e...
>
> Unless I am mistaken, that is done in the prepare_metadata_for_build [1],
> which gets called from here [2]
>
> It is currently missing the readme, thus the project description is empty on
> pypi [3]. I had troubles finding the appropriate documentation how to do that.

Ah, indeed it is generated there. I asked because I was looking at the
Fedora package to try and figure it out and couldn't find the metadata
in there:

$ sudo dnf repoquery -l python3-bout++ | grep info
# returns nothing

Thanks again for all your replies. I'm going to spend some time
tinkering with the nest sources to see what I can do.

--
Thanks,
Regards,