On 17 September 2016 at 11:55, João Matos <jcrma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If Py3.5 is installed in user mode instead of admin (all users) and we
> follow your advice that we shouldn't add it to the PATH env var, we can
> execute Python using the py launcher, but we can't use pip.
> Please consider adding a pip symlink in the same location as the py launcher

One problem with this is that the py launcher can handle multiple
versions of Python installed on the same machine, which the pip
executable can't.

To launch pip without having the Python directory on PATH, you can use
"py -m pip". It's not quite as convenient as plain "pip", but it
avoids the "which version?" problem.
Paul