On 29 October 2016 at 18:19, Stephen J. Turnbull
<turnbull.stephen...@u.tsukuba.ac.jp> wrote:
>> For better or worse, it may be emoji that drive that change ;-)
>
> I suspect that the 100 million or so Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and
> Indian programmers who have had systems that have no trouble
> whatsoever handling non-ASCII for as long they've used computers will
> drive that change.

My apologies. You are of course absolutely right.

I'm curious to know how easy it is for Chinese, Japanese, Korean and
Indian programmers to use *ASCII* characters. I have no idea in
practice whether the current basically entirely-ASCII nature of
programming languages is as much a problem for them as I imagine
Unicode characters would be for me. I really hope it isn't...

Paul