On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 12:51 PM, Ethan Furman <et...@stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> On 11/28/2016 05:28 AM, Tomas Orsava wrote:
>
> Rendered PEP: https://fedora-python.github.io/pep-drafts/pep-A.html
>>

> Overall +1, but using Guido's #2 option instead for handling *.missing.py
> files (searching all possible locations for the module before falling back
> to the stdlib xxx.missing.py default).

Actually the .missing.py feature would be useful for other use cases, so it
shouldn't be limited to the stdlib part of sys.path. (Also I'm withdrawing
my idea of searching for it while searching for the original .py since that
would burden successful imports with extra stat() calls.)

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)