I have read the discussion and I'm sure that use structure as Py_tss_t
instead of platform-specific data type. Just as Steve said that Py_tss_t
should be genuinely treated as an opaque type, the key state checking
should provide macros or inline functions with name like
PyThread_tss_is_created. Well, I'd resolve the specification a bit more :)

If PyThread_tss_create is called with the created key, it is no-op but
which the function should succeed or fail? In my opinion, It is better to
return a failure because it is a high possibility that the code is
incorrect for multiple callings of PyThread_tss_create for One key.

In this opinion PyThread_tss_is_created should return a value as follows:
(A) False while from after defining with Py_tss_NEED_INIT to before calling
PyThread_tss_create
(B) True after calling PyThread_tss_create succeeded
(C) Unchanging before and after calling PyThread_tss_create failed
(D) False after calling PyThread_tss_delete regardless of timing
(E) For other functions, the return value of PyThread_tss_is_created does
not change before and after calling

I think that it is better to write a test about the state of the Py_tss_t.

Kind regards,
Masayuki