Greg Ewing wrote:

>Steven D'Aprano wrote:
>> There's not much, if any, benefit to writing:
>>
>>     ∫(expression, lower_limit, upper_limit, name)

>More generally, there's a kind of culture clash between mathematical
>notation and programming notation. Mathematical notation tends to
>almost exclusively use single-character names, relying on different
>fonts and alphabets, and superscripts and subscripts, to get a large
>enough set of identifiers. Whereas in programming we use a much
>smaller alphabet and longer names.

That's probably because mathematicians grown up writing
everything with a chalk on a blackboard.
Hands are tired after hours of writing and blackboards
are limitited, need to erase everything and start over.

I find actually symbols ≤ ≥ (inclusive comparison)
nice. They look ok and have usage in context of writing
code.
But that's merely an exception in world of math symbols.
OTOH I'm strongly against unicode.

Mikhail