> On 18 Mar 2018, at 11:58, George Fischhof <geo...@fischhof.hu> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> it seems for me that the welcoming of this proposal is rather positive than
> not.

I think that is up for debate.

> Of course several details could be put into it, but I think it would better
> to let the developers decide the details, because they know the environment
> and the possibilities.

You mean you have no intention of doing the implementation?
If not you who is willing to the go the, not inconsiderable, work.

> The name of the functions and the method they solve the problem (for example
> rmdir(tree=True9 instead of removedirs()) is all the same.

But it is not the same. os.removedirs only removes dirs, where as shutil.rmdir
will remove files and dirs.

> The (main) goal would be that file and directory operations reside in one
> module.

As I said earlier the question is should that module be pathlib?
There are good arguments on both side.

Barry