On 3/19/2018 11:31 AM, Rhodri James wrote:
On 18/03/18 11:58, George Fischhof wrote:
it seems for me that the welcoming of this proposal is rather positive than
not.

I think you may have observer bias :-)

Or, as often happens, George is making too much of a biased sample of opinions -- those who care enough to respond, *given what has also been said.* Python-idea works best as a place to evaluate ideas and develop alternatives. Vote counting is premature. Proposers *must* be flexible and not defend their initial solution like the Alamo.

As far as I am concerned you have yet to make a convincing case that there is a problem, never mind that your solution is appropriate.  Your solution also isn't detailed enough, as several people have pointed out.

I am convinced that *some* people, especially but not limited to newbies, find the current situation confusing and less than optimal. I am also pretty convinced that the idea of dumping a copy of everything into pathlib is the wrong solution. I most agree with the latest posts from Nathaniel Smith and Stephen Trunball.

--
Terry Jan Reedy