Extending the original idea, IMHO it would make sense for the dict
constructor to create a new dictionary not only from several mappings, but
mixing mappings and iterables too.

Consider this example:

x = [(1, 'one')]
y = {2: 'two'}

Now: {**dict(x), **y}
Proposed: dict(x, y)

I think this extension makes the call ostensibly easier to read and grep. I
believe we are safe regarding compatibility issues, right?

What do you guys think?