AstroPy solves for leap seconds [1][2] according to the IAU ERFA (SOFA)
library [3] and the IERS-B and IERS-A tables [4]. IERS-B tables ship with
AstroPy. The latest IERS-A tables ("from 1973 though one year into the
future") auto-download on first use [5].

[1] http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/time/#time-scales-for-time-deltas
[2] http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/time/#writing-a-custom-format
[3] "Leap second day utc2tai interpolation"
https://github.com/astropy/astropy/issues/5369
[4] https://github.com/astropy/astropy/pull/4436
[5] http://docs.astropy.org/en/stable/utils/iers.html