This is a half-baked thought, but perhaps a sub-reddit would facilitate
better moderation and we'd get the bonus of threaded discussions and a
side-bar for ediquite and other important info.

I know Reddit has a mixed reputation, but some of the best moderated subs
like /r/science and /r/neutralpolitics have fantastic discussions.

We could open /r/pythonideas and see if it gains traction.

We also have the skill set to write a pretty good moderation bot.