I think it's meant to be ironic?

Why would that be the first sentence of a poem about software and the
Python newsgroup/mailing list community?

A certain percentage of people might be offended by changing the first line
(the frame of) of said poem; to "I'm better than you".

Dominance and arrogance are upsetting to a certain percentage, so that
shouldn't occur. (Though arrogance tends to be the norm in many open source
communities which are necessarily discerning and selective; in order to
avoid amateurish mediocrity).

So, in a way, "Beautiful is better than ugly" was the CoC in the Python
community for many years; so, now that the CoC is in place, the best thing
to do may be to just remove the Zen of Python entirely; rather than
dominate the authors' sarcastic poem until it's devoid of its intentional
tone.