On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 4:03 PM Anders Hovmöller <bo...@killingar.net> wrote:
> Is there a committee? Then why not just name it?
> How does one figure this out?

I sympathise, because I think the documentation could be more clear.
There is a list of people with "push" privileges and a little bit of
why they gained that privilege, or at least from whom. There's also a
list of their interests, which corresponds somewhat to which modules
they're "in charge of".

https://devguide.python.org/developers/
https://devguide.python.org/experts/

Note that there isn't a listing for syntax or builtins. Perhaps that
should be remedied, but it'd require a volunteer. Further, now that
Guido has abdicated, the process for PEP approval is uncertain.