> That said, though, you may well not need to go to that effort. What is
> being asked for here (if I'm not misreading) is a relatively simple
> enhancement to a method on a built-in type (or a small handful of
> types). If that garners reasonable support, the next step wouldn't be
> a PEP, it'd just go straight to a tracker issue and a pull request.

So, not all modification come from a PEP ?

Where are the functionalities discussed for future python version ? Only on
the list ?
Is there a place where people or big projects can vote for functionalities ?

Recently I saw on the 3.8 changelog "added math.dist(a,b)" and saw the
discussion on the bug tracker. The last comment was "I don't understand why
this was added, as the discussion was more in favor of supporting *args for
math.hypot".

Who selects which PR are merged ?