On 3/16/19 6:17 AM, Richard Damon wrote:
On 3/16/19 4:39 AM, Greg Ewing wrote:
Rémi Lapeyre wrote:
I think this omit a very important property of
mathematic equations thought, maths is a very strongly typed language
which can be a significant improvement for readability.

Python is very strongly typed too, so I don't really see how
maths is different.

'Strongly Typed Language' can have slightly different meaning to
different people. In Python, an object have a very definite type which
strongly defines what you can do with that object, while other languages
are less definitive in that aspect. But in Python, names are NOT that
strongly typed, as a name can be rebound to any sort of object with a
wide variety of types, compared to other languages where before using
(or at first use) a variable you need to declare the 'type' that will be
stored in it, and that type is all that it can hold.

That's not strong vs. weak typing, that's dynamic vs. static typing.