On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 10:38 PM MRAB <pyt...@mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
> Well, I suppose it could work with parentheses, but not necessarily in
> the way you want/expect. If customer_wants("spam") returns False, then
> (quux("spam", "eggs", "sausage", "spam") unless customer_wants("spam"))
> could mean ()! (You could say that it doesn't, and if you want that
> behaviour then you should add a trailing comma.)

I definitely don't want that (and I'm not particularly in favour of
the original proposal anyway). In any case, (x) isn't a tuple, so it
doesn't make sense to have it become one by the omission of its inner
value; your parenthesized comment is the better option here, but has
the same complexity that I was talking about.

ChrisA