On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 07:00:00PM -0700, Christopher Barker wrote:

> > But with all that, I don't see why such a "mutable string" would be
> > more suitable for "string builder" pattern.
>
> It would in one small way, which is that it would be usable directly in
> many (not all by any means) contexts where strings are used

I don't think that this is likely to be the case. I think it was Andrew
(apologies for misattributing this if it was someone else) who pointed
out that the CPython internals make a lot of assumptions about strings
that would make it very difficult to retrofit a mutable string class to
be usable in its place.

--
Steven