So this would make `a` a new keyword. I don't think that could be added
into python 4 at the earliest because it would immediately break all code
for which `a` is a variable name.

I can appreciate wanting to make simple operations easy to read, though I
think this relies too much on understanding English and wouldn't be
intuitive for people who aren't English speaking. I am native English
speaking so I wouldn't know for sure, but I think accepting that "or" is
the same as "||" is an easier jump to make than "x is a y" being a
construct for indicating that x belongs to the y class.

If you need this English-style syntax, I believe `type(x) is y` is
guaranteed to be True if x is exactly of the y type and not one of its
super classes.