Hello Ankith,

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 11:37:25AM +0530, ankith abhayan wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to request a new feature that allows you to clear the console
> screen.
> Like in c++, the CLS function

Can you be specific? I can think of at least three behaviours:

1. Move all existing console output off-screen, displaying a fresh
prompt at the top of the window. Existing output is still available, but
you have to scroll up to see it.

2. Not just hide the existing output, but remove it from the scrollback
buffer.

3. Like 2 above, but also force the terminal settings back to their
default state (useful if you have accidentally printed terminal control
codes that have messed up the settings).

On Linux, I think that option 3 is best left for the terminal
application. There is usually a "Reset" command that will do that. I
don't know what Mac and Windows offer, but either way, that's probably
something best left for the console or terminal application itself.