19.06.21 07:33, Guido van Rossum пише:
> [1] Does the unary star operator have a name when used like this in
> Python? In JavaScript the equivalent syntax ("...chunk", where the "..."
> are a literal ellipsis) is called "spread". We could borrow this term.

I would not call is an operator. Operator forms an expression, but *x is
not an expression. It is not more operator than colon.

Is there such term as "syntax form" in English? I would call *x, x for x
in a, x:y syntax forms. They are not expressions, but can be part of
expression. They can only be used in some context, and the meaning
depends on the context (x:y are two different things in {x:y} and in
a[x:y]).