Hi

Steve D'Aprano started this thread on 16 Jan, referencing
https://bugs.python.org/issue46393.

In the 95th message in this thread, on 27 Jan, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

I think for many of us (specifically me, but I don't think I'm alone) it's
> equally important that we aren't persuaded that there's a need for a
> frozenset literal great enough to overcome the normal reluctance
> to add syntax.  A number of important cases are already optimized
> to frozensets, and use cases and (more important) benchmarks showing
> that this optimization is important enough to add syntax so the
> programmer can hand-code it are mostly to entirely lacking.

On 17 Jan, Serhiy Storchaka wrote to the b.p.o issue Steve D'Aprano
referenced:

As Steven have noted the compiler-time optimization is not applicable here
> because name frozenset is resolved at run-time.

In these cases where a set of constants can be replaced with a frozenset of
> constants (in "x in {1,2,3}" and in "for x in {1,2,3}") the compiler does
> it.

And I don't think there is an issue which is worth changing the language.
> Creating a frozenset of constants is pretty rare, and it is even more rare
> in tight loops. The most common cases (which are pretty rare anyway) are
> already covered.

This is message 96 in this thread. Perhaps something bad (or good) will
happen when we get to message 100.
 https://www.theregister.com/2022/01/27/linux_999_commits/

--
Jonathan