On 16/04/22 11:13 pm, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

So we might say that all inheritance is delegation, but not all
delegation is inheritance. We might even go further and say that any
delegation to a superclass (not just the direct parent) is a form of
manual inheritance.

To my way of thinking, delegation is when you call a method of
a *different* object. With a super call (either explicit or
implicit) you're calling a different method of the *same* object.

Think about the ordinary meaning of the word "delegation".
When you delegate a task, you give it to someone *else* to do.
If instead you just find a different way of doing it yourself,
you wouldn't call that delegation.

So I would say that none of the things we're talking about here
are examples of delegation.

--
Greg