On Tue, 2022-05-31 at 21:08 +0000, kevinlu1...@gmail.com wrote:

> On the theme of the addition of pip operators to indicate union, I
> was wondering what people think of using the following shortcuts for
> type hints.

> * type[] be a short-hand for List[type]
I'm at -½ on this idea. Using list[type] isn't really problematic for
me today.

> * [type1, type2, type3] be a shorthand for Tuple[type1, type2, type3]
I think this would problematic because today it already validly
expresses a list containing the elements: type1, type2 and type3. And
all it saves is 5 characters: `tuple`.

> * similar ideas for dictionaries and callables with (perhaps with
> javascript-like arrow notations?)

I'm +1 for the idea of a more intuitive callable type hint syntax.