I talked about this before but I have slightly different suggestions

list[type] becomes [type]
tuple[type1, type2, type3] becomes (type1, type2, type3)
dict[type1, type2] becomes {type1: type2}
set[type] becomes {type}
Callable[[type1], type2] becomes (type1) -> type2
class MyTypedDict(TypedDict):
    name: str
    age: NotRequired[int]
becomes {name: str, age: NotRequired[int]}

Unfortunately, the steering committee rejected the callable syntax last year
even though I think the proposal was elegant and a lot of efforts went into it.
Maybe they will reconsider it in the future with some modifications? I don’t
know.

Abdulla

Sent from my iPhone