Matt Bartolome wrote:
> Hey Michael. Thank you for your response. I modified LDAPObject.c and
> ldapcontrol.c to use the solution described here:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-cdb/+bug/157251
>
> Looks like it is something specific to glibc in ubuntu and the
> "recommended" use of PyObject_Del instead of PyMem_DEL. I've attached
> a patch showing the modifications for anyone else ripping their hair
> out. The glibc python free() error is now gone.

If this is really a more general issue I'd like to see this fixed. So I
tried your patch. But it seg faults on my openSUSE 11.0 system. I
noticed some warnings during build (see below).

Ciao, Michael.

--------------------------- snip ---------------------------
[..]
Modules/LDAPObject.c: In function ‘Tuple_to_LDAPMod’:
Modules/LDAPObject.c:126: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
Modules/LDAPObject.c:134: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
Modules/LDAPObject.c:143: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
Modules/LDAPObject.c:146: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
Modules/LDAPObject.c:154: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
Modules/LDAPObject.c:158: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
Modules/LDAPObject.c: In function ‘List_to_LDAPMods’:
Modules/LDAPObject.c:226: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
Modules/LDAPObject.c: In function ‘attrs_from_List’:
Modules/LDAPObject.c:273: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
gcc -pthread -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -DHAVE_LIBLDAP_R -DHAVE_SASL -DHAVE_TLS
-DLDAPMODULE_VERSION=2.3.6 -IModules -I/opt/openldap-HEAD/include
-I/opt/sasl/include/sasl -I/usr/include/sasl -I/usr/include/python2.6 -c
Modules/ldapcontrol.c -o build/temp.linux-i686-2.6/Modules/ldapcontrol.o -g
Modules/ldapcontrol.c: In function ‘Tuple_to_LDAPControl’:
Modules/ldapcontrol.c:83: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
Modules/ldapcontrol.c:92: warning: passing argument 1 of ‘_PyObject_New’
makes pointer from integer without a cast
Modules/ldapcontrol.c: In function ‘List_to_LDAPControls’:
Modules/ldapcontrol.c:139: warning: passing argument 1 of