Peter Hansen wrote:
Nick Coghlan wrote:

Generally, altering the contents of the dicts returned by locals() and globals() is unreliable at best.

Nick, could you please comment on why you say this about globals()?
I've never heard of any possibility of "unreliability" in updating
globals() and, as far as I know, a large body of code exists which
does in fact rely on this -- much of mine included. ;-)

As Steve pointed out, I was, well, flat out wrong. You're quite correct - it's only locals() that can cause a problem.

Cheers,
Nick.

--
Nick Coghlan   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   Brisbane, Australia