On 2004 Dec 30, at 19:19, Dave Reed wrote:

This discussion is making me think what would be really nice is an
advanced Python book that discusses many of the topics mentioned in
this message and earlier messages in the thread. I'd rather see an
in-depth advanced book than light coverage of the topics added to a
Nutshell book.  I own at least 8 or 9  Python books now and the 3 that
I keep within arms reach of the computer are Nutshell, Cookbook, and
Python Essential Reference.

Yes, good point... I _do_ plan another book after I'm done with the 2nd ed Nutshell, though ti will mostly be about Design Patterns and development methods so may not meet your exact desires...

Alex