"Adam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> "BOOGIEMAN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:22:43 GMT, Adam wrote:
>>
>>> Please help me.
>>> How do you clear the screen and then display a number with an enlarged
>>> font
>>> size (about 300).
>>> Adam.
>>
>> To clear screen in windows :
>>
>> #at the beggining of the program
>> import os
>>
>> #when you want to clear the screen
>> os.system("cls")
>
> Thanks
> I'll try that.
> Adam.

Unfortunately that didn't work.
Here's what I'm trying to do.
We are running a numbers game at our retirement village and using a roulette
wheel to generate the numbers. but this wheel is only about 12 in diameter
and is little more than a toy. So we came up with the idea of using a random
number generator to generate numbers from 0 to 36 and display them in large
figures on my laptop. This is for the benefit of those people who are hard
of hearing. They like to see what is happening.
I was an RPG programmer before retirement but am new to Python. So I used
the following code to generate the numbers but I don't know how to display
them in large figures (about 3 ins high) or get rid of the idle text.

from random import randint
rand = randint(0,36)
print rand

my os = XP