Jimmy wrote:
On May 23, 3:05 pm, Andrew Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jimmy wrote:
Hi to all
python now has grown to a versatile language that can
accomplish tasks for many different purposes. However,
AFAIK, little is known about its ability of kernel coding.
So I am wondering if python can do some kernel coding that
used to be the private garden of C/C++. For example, can python
intercept the input of keyboard on a system level? someone told me
it's a kernel thing, isn't it?
http://wiki.python.org/moin/elmer

well, straightly speaking, how can I know a key is pressed on a system-
level if
using python?

http://docs.python.org/lib/module-curses.html

Unless you are using an ancient piece of hardware -- a terminal is a pseudo terminal and a key stroke isn't a kernel event at all.

If you were looking for examples of kernel level functions you might want to consider driver interfaces -- how to program device interfaces -- that, too, can be done in Python -- but, again, you are always calling some underlying C function exposed via SWIG or another cross compilation tool. Python doesn't reinvent system calls! :-)