Alexnb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am wondering, is there a simple way to test for Internet
> connection? If not, what is the hard way :p

Refine the question: What do you mean by "internet"? It isn't a single
entity.

Do you mean "some particular internet host responding on a particular
network port"?

If you can define exactly what you mean by "internet connection", the
test for it becomes correspondingly easier.

--
 \      “Why should I care about posterity? What's posterity ever done |
  `\                                            for me?” —Groucho Marx |