Simon Brunning wrote:
On 23 Mar 2005 21:03:04 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there something out there like "Python for kids" which would explain
*basic* programming concepts in a way which is accessible and
entertaining for kids aged 10-14 (that about where her brain is right
now) and which would allow them to "play around" and have fun solving
small problems?

I don't know about kid's tutorials, but I can recommend that you try
the turtle module. It's great for kids. It gives really good immediate
feedback, You can start out using it interactively:

import turtle
turtle.forward(100)
turtle.left(90)
turtle.forward(100)
turtle.left(90)
turtle.forward(100)
turtle.left(90)
turtle.forward(100)
turtle.left(90)

Aaarrrrggggghhh. I've been using python on and off for six years now, and I didn't even know that it had a turtle module. :)

Turtle was the first experience I had with programming!

Joal