Hello :)

The result of various incompatibilities has left me needing to somehow
extract the address that a null pointer is pointing to with the null
pointer being exposed to python via PyCObject_FromVoidPtr

the code that creates the PyCObject is as follows:
    tmp = PyCObject_FromVoidPtr (info.info.x11.display, NULL);
    PyDict_SetItemString (dict, "display", tmp);
    Py_DECREF (tmp);

which is exposed to python via a dictionary (the 'display' key). python
identifies that its a PyCObject but doesn't give any way to expose the
functionality. Essentially I am after the address that the void pointer
'info.info.x11.display' points to (as a long type)

As far as I can tell ctypes will only expose the pyObject type to me and
not actually let me deal with the data I am after, but being rather new
to ctypes I'm not sure weather this is correct.

--
Gord Allott ([EMAIL PROTECTED])