Hi all,

I'm trying to get python to work with cgi for a small intranet site,
however even a simply "hello world test isn't working". Here is the
test file:

#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding: UTF-8 -*-

# enable debugging
import cgitb; cgitb.enable()

print "Content-Type: text/plain;charset=utf-8"
print

print "Hello World!"

I've placed this file in both public_html and as a test in public_html/
cgi-bin directories in my local user account (I dont have root access
- its a corparate network). The file definitely has read and execute
permission (744) as have the assoicated directories. However when I
navigate to the file with my browser I get a 500 page?! The code was
written fully in linux, so its not some odd windows/linux line
termination issue.

As a test I tried a perl cgi hello world test, and this worked
correctly. The apache server appears to be locked down tightly, as
allowOverwrite is None, so I can't do anything in .htaccess files.

Any thoughts on how I might debug this or where the problem is