Greetings All!

I am implementing a NullDate class in order to mirror dates and datetimes that have no value (yes, this is for my dbf module :)

I'm still a bit fuzzy about class methods, hashing, and __new__, but my question of the moment is this: it seems to me that with two dates or datetimes, they should either be equal, or one should precede the other, and this can be accomplished quite handily with __cmp__... so does anyone know why the rich comparisons were used in the datetime module? Was it simply a style choice, or is something being handled that __cmp__ couldn't cope with?

Thanks in advance!
~ethan~