Heston James - Cold Beans wrote:

Ok, this feels like a horribly noobish question to ask guys but I can’t figure this one out.

I have code which looks like this:

print this_config[1]

this_adapter_config[/"name"/] = this_config[1][/"NAME"/]

Now, the print statement gives me the following:

{'value': 'Route66', 'key': 'NAME'}

Yet when the second line of my code throws an error saying the key ‘NAME’ doesn’t exist.

Any ideas on what’s going on, seems quite senseless to me!?

Thanks,

Heston

'NAME' is the value, and 'key' is the key. Your dictionary has two keys mapped to two values:

'value' -> 'Route66'
'key' -> 'NAME'

You need to lookup the values by their key. Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Gary M. Josack