Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
W. eWatson wrote:

It appears if one moves between IDLE and pythonWin (pyWin) that two
separate loops (threads?) can occur, and that IDLE can produce incorrect
results. Since I have preferred IDLE over pyWin, that leaves me currently
in a quandry. How do I renew these processes, so that I can proceed with
IDLE?
I noticed that I had about 10-15 copies of pythonw.exe as I tried to reach
some understanding of what was going on. Killing these tasks didn't help
restore order to IDLE. It seems my only choice now is to reboot? Comments?

Gosh no, rebooting shouldn't be needed. Just quit all idle & pywin
processes, including of course the main programs. Which *should* be
anything that is needed anyway.
Done that. Been there. It doesn't work. If I take another py tkinter program and run it in IDLE, it *will work*. The current program goes boom.

And you still seem to not understand what is really happening.
Whether I understand it exactly or not is not the issue. The issue is how do I execute IDLE *now* to get the correct results it once allowed? The fact of the matter is that I was happily working in IDLE for days and hours. I encountered a problem in IDLE that seemed suspicious, so I then fired up pyWin to see if it gave the same results. It worked fine. Then my problems with IDLE got worse.

Working between pywin and idle is perfectly fine, they are separate
programs. You can start as many instances of a program as you want and
happily work with them. Even several instances of idle and pywin, unless
these come with some logic to prevent multiple starts  - some windows app
do that.
How could this be true; otherwise,  I wouldn't be complaining?

What does *NOT* work is writing a Tkinter-based app in idle, and to run it
*FROM INSIDE* idle. Instead, open your explorer and double-click on the
pyhton-file your app is in. That's all that there is to it.
Personally, I like running entirely in IDLE.

If there is no other way than you suggested in "NOT work", then I may just uninstall pyWin.

Diez

--
                               W. eWatson

                    Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>