Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:21:16 +0200, Esben von Buchwald
<find....@paa.google> declaimed the following in
gmane.comp.python.general:

This is how the accelerometer is accessed
http://pys60.garage.maemo.org/doc/s60/node59.html

I found this called "after"...
http://pys60.garage.maemo.org/doc/s60/node12.html

would that be usable?

        Based on the documentation... I'd suggest...

        def doCallback(self):
                self.accelerometer.stop_listening()
                self.data_callback()
                self.accelerometer.start_listening()

with appropriate changes to whatever reference you use for the
accelerometer would solve the problem... IE, when the callback is
triggered, you STOP the accelerometer action, compute results, and then
restart the accelerometer..

I just tried that - it made the application lock up, leaving the sensors unusable until next reboot of the phone.

I don't think these start/stop calls are supposed to be called as often as it does the callback...