Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
John Nagle schrieb:
Alan Harris-Reid wrote:
I am very much new to Python, and one of my first projects is a simple
data-based website. I am starting with Python 3.1

   Until MySQLdb gets ported to something later than Python 2.5, support
for a "data-based web site" probably has to be in Python 2.5 or earlier.

The usual FUD from you.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MySQL-python/1.2.3c1

And of course there are other alternatives to databases, which happily run under 2.6 as well.

Diez

   The main web site for MySQLdb says it is only supported through Python 2.5.

        "http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/";

"MySQL support for Python. MySQL versions 3.23-5.1; and Python versions 2.3-2.5 are supported."

There does seem to be a 2.6 download for Linux, but the SourceForge download
for Windows is for Python 2.5.  Maybe the 2.6 version, with a "c1" suffix,
is an unsupported release candidate.

                                        John Nagle