Peng Yu wrote:

I have defined 'long' in one of my previous message. I consider a file
long, when it does not fit in one or two screen. Basically, I want to
get a whole picture of the file after glancing of the file.

I think you are going to have to get used to the fact that you have very strange personal preferences and that Python is designed for the vast majority of programmers who do not share them.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco