Gregory Ewing wrote:
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:44:36 -0600, The Music Guy
<music...@alphaios.net> declaimed the following in
gmane.comp.python.general:

I just posted to my blog about a feature that I'd like to see added to
Python.

http://alphaios.blogspot.com/2009/11/python-string-inferred-names-working.html

I don't think getattr and setattr are used anywhere near
frequently enough to justify special syntax.

This was my response too.

To warrant having its own synax, a feature needs to be
used *all the time*. If you find yourself using getattr
and setattr that much, it's probably a symptom that
you're abusing namespaces for things that would be
better done using dictionaries.

(A frequent question asked by newcomers from certain
other kinds of languages is something like "How do I
assign to a variable whose name is in another variable?"
The answer is almost always "Don't do that, use a
dictionary.")