Peter wrote:
On Jan 15, 9:12 am, Kevin Walzer <k...@codebykevin.com> wrote:
On Jan 15, 6:24 am, Mark Roseman<m...@markroseman.com>  wrote:
  Peter<peter.milli...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Besides, the book is mainly about using Python with Tkinter - and
Tkinter hasn't changed that much since 2000, so I believe it is just
as relevant today as it was back then.

I'd say that Tkinter has substantially changed - with the introduction
of the 'ttk' themed widgets.  I cover these in my tutorial
athttp://www.tkdocs.com

Another book I've found very helpful for learning Tkinter is Programming
Python by Mark Lutz--a lot of coverage there of GUI development.

Another possible consideration when choosing a GUI to learn Python -
will you want to print from within your GUI application?

Excellent point.

Many thanks to all who responded, especially for the reminder of the gui sections in Programming Python (forgot I had that book!). I'll start by going over that again, and we'll see how confident I feel afterwards. ;)

~Ethan~