On 2010-05-02 15:03 , James Porter wrote:

And then in Python:

A = iMesh.Array(numpy.array([1,2,3,4,5]), instance=mesh)
numpy.zeros_like(A) # fails here

Inside NumPy, zeros_like looks like this (there's a bit more than this,
but it's irrelevant to this problem):

def zeros_like(a):
if isinstance(a, ndarray):
res = ndarray.__new__(type(a), a.shape, a.dtype,
order=a.flags.fnc)
res.fill(0)
return res

Well, I think we can change zeros_like() and the rest to work around this issue. Can you bring it up on the numpy mailing list?

def zeros_like(a):
    if isinstance(a, ndarray):
        res = numpy.empty(a.shape, a.dtype, order=a.flags.fnc)
        res.fill(0)
        res = res.view(type(a))
        return res

Robert Kern